Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Holidays

My hubby is a teacher. Therefore, he'll be free as well during school holidays. I'm very lucky because he's very helpful at home and he's very good in cooking too! So, I can rest as much as I wanted to.

Anyway, we love traveling. We are staying in Keningau right now, but nothing much to see here. Sometimes, we go to Tenom, which is about 1 hour drive from here or just hanging around Keningau. Sometimes we go back to my hubby's hometown in Papar, which is about 1 hour 45 minutes drive from here.

I still remember our first family vacation in Kota Kinabalu (KK). We are so excited eventhough my hubby and I have been to KK many times but this is the first time we bring our kids together. Actually, my eldest sister is staying in KK area, but I don't want to bother her. We decided to stay at the hotel, easy for us to go anywhere we like.

Our first experience is very tough yet funny. My kids are too noisy in the hotel room! 'Ndak pandai duduk diam!' Luckily on their second stay in the hotel and onwards, they are used to it. Everytime we go to KK, I will make sure to book a room WITH a bathtub as my kids enjoy taking their baths in the bathtub. 'Ala-ala swimming pool konon...' Well, goverment staff entitled a lot of discounts if they stay in any hotel. They just need to show their ID card upon check in. Our favourite hotel is Imperial Hotel because of it strategic location. Just nearby the shopping malls, clinic, banks and even our favourite Big Apple Donuts outlet.

We used to stay in Le-Meridien, Novotel, Grand Borneo Hotel (Known as Mercure Hotel before), Kinabalu Daya Hotel, Tang Dynasty and Courtyard Hotel. All you have to do is to make booking in advance and enjoy the discounts! Well, it depends on our budget too. If we don't have enough budget, we just do a day trip to KK. It's only 2 hours drive from Keningau.


@ Grand Borneo Hotel



By the way, when we are in KK, our favourite family restaurant is of course KFC, Chicken Rice Shop, Secret Recipe or La Manila Cafe in Wawasan Plaza but to me, the best place to eat is in Tanjung Aru Beach. 'Jangan lupa singgah di gerai beli jagung dan kacang rebus!'

Another great place to bring your family is Lok Kawi Zoo. We have been there twice! My kids are so happy to see an elephant in front of them. You can also go to Waterworld with your family.




@ Lok Kawi Zoo


Eventhough I'm not a shopaholic person, but I like to go to 1Borneo Hypermall in KK. I like the decorations there especially during Christmas Season. Lots of good restaurants there too and the most important thing, the Boo Boo Land (playground) for my kids to play. There's also Big Apple Donuts outlet at 1Borneo.


Having fun @ Boo Boo Land, 1B


Oh well, hubby and I are saving money for another great family vacation soon in Kuala Lumpur (KL). My last visit to KL is in 2000!! I really want to bring our kids to Genting Highlands. I'm very sure they gonna like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment